West Midlands Growth Company helps create new jobs, build and expand businesses, attract regional investment and encourage tourism.
Working within the SRM Team your role will be the Department of Business and Trade (DBT) specialist; project managing and reporting on the delivery of the DBT key account management contract that WMGC delivers as a DBT partner, being the DBT services knowledge point person for the wider SRM team, and (along with colleagues) undertaking account management role for West Midlands businesses with the potential to expand in the region. This role includes a CRM updating and status reporting function.
Hybrid working is planned for this role, with the Birmingham office being the principal place of work. This role will require some travel, within the region.
Main Responsibilities and Key Activities
You will be responsible for supporting and working closely with WMGC Sector Leads and Account Managers who are managing DBT KAM Accounts. Also, working alongside and supporting local partners and colleagues in overseas DBT posts. You will educate valued companies in the region about the benefits of working with DBT and to deliver agreed targets.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable point of entry into the West Midlands Growth Company for stakeholders.
- Be commercially aware, credible, and build relationships at C-Suite level within the private and public sector.
- Use your experience of West Midlands key sectors to add depth / insight to C-Suite dialogues.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with our accounts by continually adding value, keeping them abreast of developments, news and events, that may be of interest, and arranging regular conversations to identify potential problems with projects and discuss any new growth strategies.
- Work collaboratively with public sector stakeholders including Local Authority and Department of Business & Trade teams to support the managed accounts.
- Develop and deliver an intelligence-led account management plan.
- Ensure timely follow up and resolution of actions raised from client engagements.
- Use the CRM (customer relationship management) systems efficiently and effectively to ensure regular and effective evaluation of activity for all accounts managed, including sharing insights gathered with LA lead & Sector Specialist Teams.
- Record all engagement, interactions, meetings, phone calls and emails using the CRM.
- Work with colleagues across WMGC to ensure a joined-up approach to SRM firms, for example referring to Sector Specialist/ BDM when projects of expansion or job retention projects have been identified.
- Engage with key industry associations and trade bodies when relevant.
- To work pro-actively and collaboratively with the Head of SRM and SRM colleagues to deliver a professional and strategically valuable service to WMGC and the West Midlands region.
- Promote the benefits of the SRM offer to businesses within the West Midlands.
- Reach out to non-engaged, strategically important foreign owned companies across the region and engage with them to identify areas where we can help them grow. Also, to offer support (where available) with any challenges they may be facing that are barriers to growth.
- Regularly review, feed and maintain the DBT KAM project pipeline funnel.
- Provide regular management information that will assist with the performance measurement of DBT KAM targets, progress, challenges and achievements.
- Represent the region professionally at key business events and actively raise the profile of the DBT KAM programme and West Midlands Growth Company.
- To undertake any other reasonable activities, as requested, relating to the delivery of the WMGC SRM and DBT service.
You can view the full job description including key skills and competency requirements, here.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com