The West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC) attracts investment into the region, enables the creation of new jobs, generates new business opportunities and drives tourism. Following the success of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, the region attracted record levels of Foreign Direct Investment and a core objective of WMGC is to continue this positive economic legacy.
We’ve created a new position for a Marketing Manager (Capital Investment) within our marketing department to ensure the function is best positioned to support our capital investment team and goals. Our highly experienced capital investment team are responsible for facilitating the regeneration of the West Midlands’ built environment, working with public sector shareholders to create attractive, investable real estate propositions and to drive engagement with international developers and investors through direct relationship building, events and hosting and delivering familiarisation visits. The new Marketing Manager role will work closely with our capital investment team to lead marketing planning and execution that strengthens the stages of attraction, engagement and nurture for important key audiences over the relationship lifecycle.
Main Responsibilities and Key Activities
- Leverage insight and data sources to ensure market orientation and highly effective marketing results, where marketing activities are timely, relevant and add value to the WMGC offer and engage the audience
- Proactive use of third-party content relating to capital attraction and investment (news, blogs, influencers, white papers etc) as well as business generated insights (feedback loops and CRM data)
- Develop targeted and effective plans to convey key differentiators of our regional place-making and strategic site propositions to UK and international real estate developer and investor audiences
- Create and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns, ensuring performance against KPIs
- Curate content across web, collateral and social channels – managing messaging and timings to maximise audience engagement
- Take ownership of WMGC's market-facing collateral and content as it relates to capital investment, ensuring that this is maintained properly and continued to drive effective and differential messaging.
- Bring creative and ambitious ideas for the overarching messaging and narrative to the region, as well as ways to promote specific real estate opportunities and engage with the market, adding significant value to the broader Team's business development activities.
- With the project management team, co-shape content for a programme of events that communicates the regional proposition, ensures distinctiveness and creates impact with the market – this includes UK REiiF 2024
- Support business development colleagues on optimising sales pipeline activities and on lead nurturing over long conversion periods (lead acquisition and lead nurture)
- Evaluation of campaigns and marketing activity, leveraging data and analytics to optimise future activities
- Work with partner organisations on the co-creation of campaign and collateral activations
- When required, support across the business on broader marketing initiatives
You can view the full job description including key skills and competency requirements, here.
If you are interested in applying for the Marketing Manager (Capital Investment) role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org