West Midlands universities educate 150,000 students and produce more than 50,000 graduates each year. Working closely with business and industry, their individual research and innovation specialisms combine to secure our region’s economic future.
Rooted in the West Midlands, their impact is global. Our universities are at the forefront of positive change: improving health, driving transport forward, storing energy, improving construction, advancing manufacturing, enabling entrepreneurs and making people’s lives better.
Each university makes a vital contribution, offering leadership and game-changing innovation in specialist fields. Our universities are researching, designing and building new business opportunities that drive the West Midlands forward. Engaging with universities in the West Midlands gives business the opportunity to:
- Access the latest in sector innovation and thought-leadership
- Solve real-world problems with up-to-date academic expertise
- Bring products to market in a reduced-risk environment
- Benefit from tailored support and growth advice
- Be part of a supportive and entrepreneurial network that connects research with application across business sectors.
View our universities fast fact sheets by downloading them below.