The West Midlands region is at the forefront of digital transformation. Our partner universities and businesses are leading the conversation on the impact digital technologies are having on the way we work, across all sectors.
At this panel event, we will discuss the ways in which universities and businesses are working together to discover opportunities and identify threats arising from digital advancements.
David Maclean, Founder and CEO, Packt Publishing and Chair, WMCA Digital board will host the event alongside our panellists:
- Dr Maria Chli – Senior Lecturer in Computer Science and specialist in Artificial Intelligence, Aston University
- Professor Andy Aftelak - Head of the School of Computing and Digital Technology, Birmingham City University
- Professor Carl Perrin – CEO of Institute for Future Transport & Cities, Coventry University
- Dr Joanna Bucknall - Lecturer and specialist in Digital Technology applications, University of Birmingham
- Professor Prashant Pillai - Professor of Cyber Security and Director of Wolverhampton Cyber Research Institute, University of Wolverhampton
We will also be joined by Daniel Farrar, PwC who recently announced a new technology degree apprenticeship with University of Birmingham.