The Strategic Relationship Account Manager will report directly to the Head of SRM (Strategic Relationship Management), working across the West Midlands region; planning and delivering a programme of engagement with companies of strategic importance in the West Midlands, playing a key role in the delivery of the Top 500 programme.
Hybrid working is planned for this role, with the Birmingham office being the principal place of work. This role will require some travel within the region.
Main Responsibilities and Key Activities
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable point of entry into the West Midlands Growth Company for stakeholders.
- Be commercially aware, credible, and build relationships at C-Suite level within the private and public sector.
- Use your experience of West Midlands key sectors to add depth / insight to C-Suite dialogues.
- Work collaboratively with public sector stakeholders including Local Authority and Department of Business & Trade teams to support the managed accounts.
- Develop and deliver an intelligence-led account management plan.
- Ensure timely follow up and resolution of actions raised from client engagements.
- Use the CRM (customer relationship management) systems efficiently and effectively to ensure regular and effective evaluation of activity for all accounts managed, including sharing insights gathered with LA lead & Sector Specialist Teams.
- Record all engagement, interactions, meetings, phone calls and emails using the CRM.
- Work with colleagues across WMGC to ensure a joined-up approach to SRM firms, for example referring to Sector Specialist/ BDM when projects of expansion or job retention projects have been identified.
- Engage with key industry associations and trade bodies when relevant.
- To work pro-actively and collaboratively with the Head of SRM and SRM colleagues to deliver a professional and strategically valuable service to WMGC and the West Midlands region.
- Promote the benefits of the SRM offer to businesses within the West Midlands.
- Where required, represent the organisation professionally at events and actively work to always raise the profile of the West Midlands Growth Company and the region.
- To undertake any other reasonable activities, as requested, relating to the delivery of the WMGC SRM service.
- A clear and articulate communicator who can use their knowledge of the key industries represented in the West Midlands (e.g. automotive, advanced manufacturing, creative & digital, life sciences, low carbon, professional services) to create credibility at a C-suite level.
- Commercial awareness and problem-solving skills with the ability to ask incisive questions and create a more effective offer / solve problems more effectively.
- Strong consultative approach and project management skills.
- Ability to identify and programme tasks effectively against the timetable set by the client company.
You can view the job description here
If you are interested in applying for role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org