Looking for something dynamic, forward-thinking? Are you a Marketing and Communications professional who is passionate about the West Midlands and helping to drive tourism to the region?
We are recruiting for a Senior Marketing Communications Manager, in a transformative role, leading the tourism marketing and communications team, and marketing strategy for the Visitor Attraction team.
Play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. A unique opportunity to work for the region’s Destination Management Organisation, as it leverages the tourism opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract tourism and bring prosperity to the region.
We are looking for someone with a strong commercial focus and a huge passion for marketing, who will bring bags of initiative.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Creating, planning and launching multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Destination marketing and communications across business and leisure tourism sectors in the West Midlands
- Team management and motivation of a team of 6 specialists across tourism Marketing, Digital and Communications
- Project and budget management and reporting at a senior level
- Overall project responsibility for the Commonwealth Games Business and Tourism Programme tourism marketing strategy & delivery
- Manage and maintain close working partnerships with VisitBritain and CWG Organising Committee marketing teams
- Evidence of strategic approach and development of tactical marketing activity always underpinned by, and responsive to, research and intel
- Proven experience of leading a Marketing team in a B2C environment, preferably tourism
- Experience across the full marketing mix
- Degree in marketing or equivalent (CIM, IDM).
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Proven experience of managing a team of marketing, digital and communications professionals
- Be creative and have an innovative approach.
This is a remote working opportunity until a date is agreed for the West Midlands Growth Company workforce to return to the usual place of work at Baskerville House, Birmingham.
If you wish to apply for the Senior Tourism Marcoms Manager position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be right for the role.