We are currently recruiting for a Senior Insight and Analysis Manager which will be central to the continuing quest to becoming an insight led organisation.
This will be a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. A unique opportunity to work for the region’s Investment Promotion Agency, as it leverages the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region.
Not only will this role be responsible for the development of an organisation-wide data and research strategy, it will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities and investments through the use of data and insights. The right candidate will have opportunity to shape this role, along with building a best-in-class investment business insight and analysis team.
We really need you to have these:
Skills and Knowledge
- Professional qualification, relevant degree, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding business and economic analysis skills.
- Proven ability to manipulate, interpret and draw insights from a variety of complex data sets.
- Experience of using analysis tools such as Excel, Power BI etc to provide improved business insight.
- Highly commercial mindset with the ability to understand and predict the impacts of dynamic macro-economic factors on key global industries and investment flows.
- Excellent communication / relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, and a proven ability to form partnerships, motivate, enthuse and drive individuals.
- Excellent communication, presentational skills and report writing skills, with the ability to distill and communicate complex ideas, issues, systems and procedures successfully at all levels to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrable self-starter, capable of innovation and thriving in a fluid, results-driven environment.
- Proven line management capability.
- Experience of working with CRM systems and of optimising functionality to enable data transparency and availability across the organisation.
- Significant experience of multi-sectoral market research, analysis and insight generation and a track record of developing new and innovative processes to capture, interpret and report insights.
- Knowledge of established principles of business strategy and how organisational capabilities, environmental factors and competitive landscape can drive investment decisions.
- Proven track record of leveraging market insights to underpin effective business development activity and/or organisational change.
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder / delivery partner environment.
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff across the private and public sector.
We would love you to have this:
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA, or similar postgraduate qualification in a business, finance or economics field.
- Evidence of proactive professional development
- An innate focus on developing others, using a coaching and mentoring approach
- An understanding of global and domestic investment flows and their key drivers.
- Experience of place marketing or investment promotion.
- Previous evidence of working effectively in a role with national and international dimensions, including in primary target markets for the programme.
- Awareness of the West Midlands’ key industries, public sector bodies and unique assets.
To apply for the Senior Insight and Analysis Manager position, please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be right for the role.