The West Midlands Growth Company helps the region make its mark nationally and internationally, supporting the West Midlands Combined Authority in the delivery of inclusive, sustainable growth across the region.
As PR & Communications Executive, you will be at the heart of WMGC’s fast-paced Media and Communications team, focusing on promoting the West Midlands regionally, nationally and internationally as a world-class place to live, visit and invest in. You will play a leading role in monitoring the news agenda, to source and execute media opportunities; strengthening WMGC’s relationship with stakeholders through PR reporting; delivering a range of high-quality written materials for media and s; and building itineraries for some of the world’s leading media titles.
Main responsibilities and key activities
- Work closely with managers from across the Communications team to identify and implement relevant communication opportunities and topics that support awareness raising of the West Midlands’ tourism and business landscape.
- Support the management of both WMGC’s core press office by building relationships with a range of media across broadcast and print.
- Play a leading role in managing the Communications team’s CRM system, leading on stakeholder (customer) reporting.
- Lead the Communication team’s efforts surrounding media monitoring and evaluation, including compiling PR coverage reports.
- Compile itineraries for journalists visiting the region, working in collaboration with WMGC’s commercial partners across hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- Support the wider Communications team with strong editorial copy, briefing notes, case studies and press releases.
You can view the full job description here
If you are interested in applying for the PR & Communications Executive role, please send your CV to email@example.com