As PR & Communications Executive, you will be at the heart of WMGC’s fast-paced Media and Communications team, focusing on promoting the West Midlands regionally, nationally and internationally as a leading destination to do business in and invest in. A core aspect of the job will involve working on the BATP Media Programme, creating perception changing stories on the region’s key sectors of strength, across the world. Key sectors include Tech & Creative, Professional & Financial Services, Advanced Manufacturing, Life Sciences and Low Carbon.
This role will be key to delivering on this commitment. The role is currently funded to run from now to March 2023.
Main responsibilities and key activities
- Work closely with the PR and Communications Manager to identify and implement relevant communication opportunities and topics that support awareness raising of the West Midlands’ key sectors.
- Draft B2B focused opinion-editorials, press releases, quotes, statements and speeches, aligning to WMGC’s investment opportunities.
- Support the management of both WMGC’s core press office and the BATP Media Programme by building relationships with a range of media across broadcast and print.
- Work closely with sector leads across the Business Attraction (investment) team to develop expert knowledge that will support the creation of sector focused propositions, messaging, content and events. Additionally, work closely with the Business Attraction team to support new and existing investors in the West Midlands.
- Build lasting relationships with WMGC’s key stakeholders, partners and investors in order to identify and implement opportunities to promote the region’s key sectors.
- Work closely with the sector marketing team to ensure consistency and effective delivery of sector communications across owned and shared channels.
- Support the PR Officer with WMGC corporate messaging and ensure accurate alignment with the investment narrative.
You can download the full job description, including key skills and competency requirements for the role, here.
If you wish to apply for the PR & Communications Executive position, please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be right for the role.