Birmingham 2022 is a golden opportunity not just for the West Midlands but for the UK. With a third of the world’s population tuning in, this is a chance to show that post-EU Exit Britain is open for business, support economic recovery from COVID-19 and to provide a shop window for Britain’s economic engine.
London 2012 and previous Commonwealth Games demonstrate the potential to drive tourism, trade and investment alongside the sport and culture. Funding has been secured to deliver a major programme to attract visitors, investors and events to the West Midlands and the UK, and grow export opportunities. This will be delivered in partnership at regional and national level, with funding secured in the Spring 2020 Budget and match funding from the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA). The programme is currently being developed – so an exciting time to join and help shape what will be delivered.
A central programme team supports the programme delivery partners (West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC), Department for International Trade (DIT) and VisitBritain (VB)). Based in central Birmingham at the WMGC offices on Centenary Square, the team will delivery cross-cutting activity and ensure integration within the programme, with the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC) and with relevant regional / national initiatives.
The programme has a diverse range of markets (UK, Australia, Canada, India, Singapore and Malaysia) and audiences including Commonwealth leaders, investors, event organisers and leisure visitors. Alongside the core budget, the programme will be amplified working with sponsors, with IP being parts of their rights packages.
PMO Project Administrator: main responsibilities and key activities
- Support the Senior PMO Analyst and Programme Coordinator on the co-ordination of the programme assurance and governance requirements, ensuring that there is a smooth-running assurance process for the PMO
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Head of Projects and Programmes to ensure that all key actions, risks and issues are being managed or escalated
- Forge relationships with partners and funders of the programme to help support both WMGC and them to deliver
- Manage the programme meetings, write agendas and minutes, providing secretariat services as required, collating required information and follow up actions
- Manage the programme inbox and calendar
- Maintain and version control documentation
- Manage folder structures
- Support work across programme partners to ensure consistent reporting and requirements from the PMO
- Support the wider programme team in the coordination of deliverables, raising risks and issues as appropriate
- Support and suggest ideas for improvement and efficiencies
Please note that this role runs from January 2022 – October 2023.
You can download the full job description, including key skills and competency requirements for the role, here.
If you wish to apply for the PMO Project Administrator position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be right for the role.