The West Midlands is entering a defining decade with the 5G testbed, 2021 City of Culture in Coventry, 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham and HS2 arriving in 2026. At the West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC) our job is firstly to attract businesses, investors and visitors to the region – domestically and from key international markets including US, Germany, China and India.
WMGC also supports the region’s Local Industrial Strategy via our Commercial Partner Programme which helps companies (newly arrived or well established) benefit from and contribute to the West Midlands’ growing reputation as a place to visit, meet, and invest. The Partnership supports business growth goals by offering a programme of networking, marketing and research services.
The team, of around 80 people, is based at our offices in central Birmingham – as well as working out in different parts of the region as required. We’re all passionate about unlocking the potential for the West Midlands. We are working together to create a culture that delivers with everyone looking to be proactive leaders, act as trusted partners and be creative in their approach.
The Partnership Account Manager will be responsible for proactively managing (and where necessary recruiting) corporate members of the WMGC Commercial Partner Programme, delivering excellent client service and revenues in line with agreed targets.
Main Responsibilities & Key Activities
This role is an Account Management and Business Development role and the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Pro-actively manage assigned Commercial Partners, ensuring that benefits are delivered in line with the partner agreement and each Partner is aware of the value they are receiving.
- Regularly review and evaluate all partner activity against agreed service levels and in agreement with your line manager, take remedial action where any shortfalls are anticipated or identified.
- Pro-actively identify and pursue opportunities to recruit new partners to the Programme and participate in planned acquisition activity where required to ensure overall revenue and Partner targets are met.
- Have proven commercial experience and good knowledge of at least one of the following market sectors: Property, Business Services, Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare, Creative / Technology.
- Be consistently proficient in the use of WMGC’s CRM software to maintain accurate records of all Partner contact and planning, and provide other management / performance information as may be required.
- Represent the region professionally at key business events and actively raise the profile of the West Midlands Growth Company and stakeholder benefits at all times.
- Understand the mission of the WMGC
- Ability to build long term client relationships
- Target and results driven
- Good knowledge of broad marketing principles in a commercial environment
- Experience and understanding of complex stakeholder relationships
- Ability to act and think independently within broad strategic parameters
- Highly organised, with good time management skills
- First class communication & presentation skills
- Verbally persuasive
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues
- Credible commercial experience in one or more of the identified market sectors
- Passionate about client service and commercially astute in equal measure
If you wish to apply for the Partnership Account Manager position, please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be right for the role.