Birmingham 2022 is a golden opportunity not just for the West Midlands but for the UK. With a third of the world’s population tuning in, this is a chance to show that post-EU Exit Britain is open for business, support economic recovery from COVID-19 and to provide a shop window for Britain’s economic engine.
London 2012 and previous Commonwealth Games demonstrate the potential to drive tourism, trade and investment alongside the sport and culture. Funding has been secured to deliver a major programme to attract visitors, investors and events to the West Midlands and the UK, and grow export opportunities. This will be delivered in partnership at regional and national level, with funding secured in the Spring 2020 Budget and match funding from the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA). The programme is currently being developed – so an exciting time to join and help shape what will be delivered.
A central programme team supports the programme delivery partners (West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC), Department for International Trade (DIT) and VisitBritain (VB)). Based in central Birmingham at the WMGC offices, the team will deliver cross-cutting activity and ensure integration within the programme, with the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC) and with relevant regional / national initiatives.
The programme has a diverse range of markets (UK, Australia, Canada, India, Singapore and Malaysia) and audiences including Commonwealth leaders, investors, event organisers and leisure visitors. Alongside the core budget, the programme will be amplified working with sponsors, with IP being parts of their rights packages.
The Marketing, Brand and Digital Services Lead is a key role within this team, supporting The Business and Tourism Programme – focused on delivering the right message to change perceptions.
A great relationship manager. this role will work closely with brand leads at the GREAT Britain campaign, the OC/GCF/CGFP and within the partners, as well as with the Sponsorship Team to support our partners and ensure we tell the right story, ensuring that the brand guidelines are adhered to.
Leading the digital services function with a strong digital presence and ensuring that consistent messaging and use of multiple platforms are utilised for global reach.
One version of the truth, leading on the marketing collateral and artefacts are developed and maintained for the organisation and programme so that everyone is clear about the great things WMGC delivers.
Main responsibilities and key activities
- Monitor and optimise campaign performance across channels to achieve commercial targets.
- Oversee the development and implementation of brand strategy delivering creative excellence across all internal and external touch points.
- Manage agency support including briefing, creative development and stakeholder approval
- Responsible for brand governance and training, creating advocates throughout the business
- Manage our online marketing toolkit including assets, imagery, templates, marketing collateral and core messaging
- Work closely with the Sponsorship Team to deliver the commercial partnerships programme by advising on activation strategy and delivery of rights
- Embed an evidence-based and insight driven approach to campaigns by working closely with the Research and Evaluation Manager
- Report against key milestones, deliverables and outputs
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to ensure a collaborative approach and drive for combined business objectives.
- Forecasting and tracking budget, seeking out value for money and investment opportunities
Supporting the Commercial Partners Programme with development of material required for presentations and events.
You can download the full job description, including key skills and competency requirements for the role, here.
If you wish to apply for the Marketing, Brand and Digital Services Lead role, please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be right for the role.