The West Midlands Growth Company plays an important role in supporting with the delivery of the West Midlands Combined Authority’s Local Industrial Strategy. Our primary purpose is to attract investment, jobs, visitors and business to the West Midlands region.
We are committed to promoting the area as a leading place to invest, do business and visit, working in partnership with Local Enterprise Partnerships, Councils, Growth Hubs, Universities, Chambers of Commerce and the private sector. Birmingham 2022 was a golden opportunity not just for the West Midlands but for the UK. With a third of the world’s population tuning in, this was a chance to show that post-EU Exit Britain is open for business, support economic recovery from COVID-19 and to provide a shop window for Britain’s economic engine. Now it is time to make the most of that Halo Effect with our Corporate and Hospitality partners to drive greater engagement to increase numbers of partners, level of partner and reach, across the region.
Sports and MICE – A significant amount of engagement and FAM visits have happened across both Sports and MICE over the course of the Commonwealth Games so now is the time to ensure build excellent relationship management with these contacts and take necessary actions to ensure that when they finalise plans for their next event we are top of their list as the place to be.
Convention Bureau – this is a service offered by WMGC to any business to who wants to hold an event in the region. WMGC earn commission from both the event and accommodation booked through our Bureau.
Working collaboratively across the company, this role will be responsible for planning, managing and delivering the non-shareholder revenue target for the business as well as using the network to facilitate business expansions across the region.
Main responsibilities and key activities
- Take a lead role in planning and developing the programme of work to successfully deliver the commercial partner revenue target for campaigns and conferences and exhibitions.
- Lead the entire Commercial Partners Programme, working collaboratively with the team and marketing to develop a compelling, regional, commercial offer which engages partners and provides value, insight, expansion leads and helps delivery of the company mission.
- Working collaboratively with the Finance and Commercial Director and CEO, manage the delivery of the Partnership Event Programme in association with the marketing, communications and projects teams.
- Work across the programme to ensure professional and seamless delivery of partner benefits, enabling cross integration across all parties and maximising efficiencies to leverage and grow the Partnership in line with business expectations.
- Work with the Zoho Lead to develop the CRM system so that it is an effective tool to monitor, evidence and communicate partner benefits. Ensure data is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Lead the development and growth of the Convention Bureau, ensuring the right processes and staff are in place to maximise association and conference revenue to the business, working with marketing to maximise revenue opportunities from digital channels.
- Build strong, strategic relationships with key commercial partners across the region, covering both the corporate and tourism sectors.
- Lead and manage both the Sports and MICE teams to ensure that they deliver the necessary KPI’s for the Business And Tourism Programme benefits realisation and that agreed strategies are being implemented and successful
- Leverage relationships to sign-post expansion leads to the Inward Investment team.
- Work dynamically across the region to ensure the company remains in high regard by both the public and private sector, striving to deliver additionality to partners.
- Work closely with the leadership team at the West Midlands Growth Company to ensure consistent and effective achievement of company objectives, providing flexible support to ensure project/financial targets are achieved.
- Develop a strong performance management framework for staff, ensuring teams have strong development and professional growth programmes, as well as an effective framework to deliver revenue and company targets.
- Mentor and support other team members as required to aid collaboration and the development of a strong, supportive company team dynamic
You can view the full job description here.
If you are interested in applying for the Head of Commercial role, please send your CV to email@example.com