SportAccord is a global sports event organisation based in the Olympic Capital, Lausanne, Switzerland and governed by stakeholders representing the Olympic and non-Olympic International Federations.
It brings together International Federations and Organisations involved in the business of sport with the aim to serve, promote, and protect the common interests of its stakeholders, help them achieve their global objectives, and facilitate knowledge-sharing.
SportAccord’s flagship event is the annual SportAccord World Sport & Business Summit, which enables global business leaders and host cities to connect with all the International Federations and their stakeholders in one location.
Birmingham and the West Midlands will welcome over 1,500 global sports leaders and key decision makers to SportAccord World Sport & Business Summit 2024 from 7 – 11 April.
Working within the Birmingham & West Midlands Convention Bureau at the West Midlands Growth Company, the official housing accommodation provider for SportAccord, the Accommodation Executive will provide a bespoke, first-class accommodation booking service to SportAccord.
Under the direction of the Convention Bureau Manager, the post holder will manage bookings and enquiries on behalf of SportAccord, working with the event organisers, their VIPS and International Sporting Federations as well as local hoteliers to maximise sales and occupancy during their conference at the ICC, Birmingham.
- Provide first point of contact for SportAccord accommodation related enquiries and queries, responding promptly (within 24 hours) ensuring that all enquiries and bookings are managed efficiently and professionally through the SportAccord registration platform.
- Processing requests for accommodation with proactive attention to the needs of delegates.
- Maintaining accommodation booking systems and ensuring data is up to date and accurate.
- Answering telephone calls and monitoring the accommodation inboxes, responding accordingly.
- Book SportAccord room reservations, enter rooming lists and ensure reservation reports are completed on a weekly basis.
- Effectively communicate all changes and requirements regarding bookings to hotels.
- Attendance at the SportAccord World Sport & Business Summit 2024 from 7 – 11 April, ICC, Birmingham, and pre and post event to assist with any issues that may arise from hotels or guests.
- General administration duties as required.
You can view the full job description including key skills and competency requirements, here.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com