The purpose of this role is to provide support for the transactional side of the finance function. Whilst the role will have a primary focus on the Accounts Payable side, we are transitioning to a more collaborative approach and thus there will be support required for other areas within the finance function such as Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, and claim compilation.
Main responsibilites and key activities
- Maintain purchase ledger including invoice entry, payment processing within supplier payment terms and creditor management.
- Review and process staff expense claims.
- Review and maintain outstanding purchase orders, following up on outstanding approvals or other queries.
- Work collaboratively, support, and provide cover for the Assistant Accountant with accounts receivable and general ledger work such as raising sales\proforma invoices, processing customer receipts, general ledger journals and importing bank transactions.
- Credit control.
- Produce regular reports such as aged creditors, aged debtors, held invoices etc with supporting commentary in support of monthly Management Accounts packages.
- Proactively pursue creditor queries internally and externally.
- Cashbook maintenance and analysis.
- Assist with the compilation of claims.
- Support Assistant Accountant with VAT return.
- Work alongside the procurement team to help ensure that processes have been followed and document any process failures and propose solutions.
- Supporting with the administration of corporate accounts such as prepayment expense cards, uber for business etc.
- Proactive development of systems and processes to be suggested to Finance & Procurement Manager.
You can view the full job description here.
If you are interested in applying for the Accounts Assitant job, please send your CV to email@example.com