The global publication’s annual Best to Invest Top IPA awards, has now recognised Business Birmingham as the UK’s leading IPA for two consecutive years. The organisation is ranked alongside Germany’s Berlin Partner (Germany) for its performance and success in economic growth activity and job creation.
Site Selection surveyed 1,000 experts around the world, including corporate decision-makers and site consultants, in order to determine a shortlist of finalists. IPAs to receive the awards, were those that accumulate the most points based on the following criteria:
- Most professionally responsive to inquiries
- Offering access to user-friendly databases of sites and incentives (general and sector-specific)
- Readily available information on timing expectations of permitting and other processes
- Staff possessing the best knowledge and language diversity
- Access to recent investors in the region who can vouch for the area and agency
- Best reputation for protecting investor confidentiality
- Reputation for after-care services
- Website – based on breadth of data and efficiency
In recent years, Greater Birmingham has attracted record numbers foreign investment projects in advanced engineering, automotive and more recently, financial services. Key investors include global German-owned manufacturer Guhring, which unveiled its new UK headquarters in Birmingham; Chinese automotive giant Changan and US hydraulic supplier HydraForce.
The region’s growing reputation as a global hub for Business, Professional and Financial Services firms, has been reinforced by major investments from global companies such as HSBC, which made the decision to relocate the headquarters of its ringfenced commercial banking arm from London to Birmingham.